Your favorite!!!!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by EvilE424, Jul 26, 2015.

1. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Where are you @planosteve :rotfl:

Got any good recipes for groundhog?? ;)
    I'm infested here, need a good hunt. They are pretty bold...

histed likes this.
  2. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Feed them Warfirin.

undeRGRound likes this.

3. histed

histed Supporting Member

.223 with a Sierra 55 gr Blitzking backed up with 24.5 gr of W748 and a CCI primer. I like Winchester cases. Or wait til the weather warms again and call 1-800- bad bull dawg. Nothing better than a day busting piggies

undeRGRound likes this.
  4. undeRGRound

INDY
    Renders them inedible, unless we wean Dad off his blood thinners and fed the carcasses to him, I guesss...

NICE!
    But I meant a recipe for the game ;)
    I know there's not a lot of meat there,
    according to Reaper. Oh Well...

5. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

It's 10.5". I've heard the 7.5" is problematic.

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    WTF are those people smoking? Red dots and scopes don’t care how short the barrel is. Irons are for BACK UP. Unless you’re Gun Jesus, then they are just pointless.

There’s a lot less meat once you put a 40 grain V-Max through them.
    No one I know eats pot guts. It’s edible....but so are a lot of nasty things.

moona11 and undeRGRound like this.
  7. undeRGRound

INDY
    Finally a straight answer :rotfl:

8. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Pretty much how we did it when I was a kid:

"Well, this is how it's done: Catch yourself a fat one. (Its belly should nearly touch the ground when he walks. 10-14 lb.is about right.) Remove the skin and entrails. Make double sure you remove the gland (strong bone) found under each foreleg. Soak over night in salt water. Next morning when it is warm enough to open the doors and window, prepare a pot with salt water and a touch of vinegar. Put in the groundhog and boil for twenty minutes. Now you understand why the windows and doors are open. Throw the foul smelling water way out in the yard and repeat the process two more times. The third time add a small amount of baking soda to the pot. Each time you should be able to close more of the windows.

Build a fire in the stove and heat the oven to bread-baking temperature. BAKE THE GROUNDHOG until tender! The meat is dark so pay a mind that you don't burn it.

Serve with cathead biscuits and applesauce. Nothing else. Oh, if you're going to have the preacher over for company, a few sweet potatoes wouldn't hurt."

9. undeRGRound

INDY
    Seems like it would make a good catfish bait ;)

I will archive that, maybe I can keep them around for the SHTF
    as an emergency source of game LOL

10. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Around here, the various American Legion and VFW's have wild game dinners once or twice a year. Yes, I tried the Ground Hog at a couple of them in the past. And it actually was better than the Racoon meat to me. The closest AL has a rather hot BBQ receipt that is actually very good.

undeRGRound and Rerun like this.
  11. histed

histed Supporting Member

I had an aunt who used to stuff groundhogs, like a turkey, and bake them. Beat being hungry, but not by much. Elderly gent who used to let me hunt his farm (he was 85+) would often ask me to try to head shoot a couple and bring them in for him. Said his mother cooked them often during the Depression and he would get hungry for groundhog and dandelion salad. Did my best to keep him supplied until he passed.

12. James St. Patrick

James St. Patrick Member

Pistol - Glock 19. Easy to shoot, clean, dependable, replace parts, and carry.

Long gun - 12 Gauge Mossberg 500/Maverick 88. Dependable, easy to shoot, and to replace parts.

13. shepherd321

shepherd321 Supporting Member

Only suppose to pick 1 gun, rough call, rifle or pistol. But rifle wins.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  14. TNTRAILERTRASH

I have 2 Gen4's. One has had lots of problems. 2 different Glock armorers have worked on it. When I saw Rural King doing a deal on OD Greens I bought a ODG19. Love it! It is a keeper. Dropped Ameriglo night sights on it. It is high in my carry rotation. I have been asked by friends to sell them the black one. If I won't carry it, I won't sell it to a friend. I just put a Lone Wolf nitride extractor in it. I need to test it. Don't want to use my ammo stash. o_O

I do want to buy a Gen5 19. Someday if the prices settle down.

15. undeRGRound

INDY
    I guess I'm not a friend, U sold me that AK you hated :p:p:p

Dagwood likes this.
  16. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

Hand gun, the most that I'd use anyhow.

Browning HP, Silver Chrome

Dagwood and undeRGRound like this.
  17. TNTRAILERTRASH

It functioned just fine. It wasn't a jam-0-matic.

undeRGRound likes this.
  18. undeRGRound

INDY
    :D

it was a good price also

19. TNTRAILERTRASH

It was peening on the bolt which didn't look good. It wasn't catastrophic by any means.
    Just watched the AK47-74 operators union new video on the new KUSA AK. $1000 CL barrel, not CHF. Pass.

undeRGRound likes this.