Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading threads I noticed some people like me only have one pistol or carbine, others have the entire catalog.
How did you found out about Hi-Points and what was your first?

I wanted to buy, back in 2000, a 9mm carbine from a friend's pawn shop. Even thought about it for years if I found it again I'd buy it.
Just realized a couple of weeks ago that solid stock carbine was none other than a 995, that could have been my first Hi-Point.
My first ended being my Haskell JS45, currently boxed for my FFL to send back for warranty work.

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
Thread moved to General Hi Point Discussion.

@SuperMario please take the time to familiarize yourself with the layout of the forum and where new threads should be started. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask...

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Reading threads I noticed some people like me only have one pistol or carbine, others have the entire catalog.
How did you found out about Hi-Points and what was your first?

I wanted to buy, back in 2000, a 9mm carbine from a friend's pawn shop. Even thought about it for years if I found it again I'd buy it.
Just realized a couple of weeks ago that solid stock carbine was none other than a 995, that could have been my first Hi-Point.
My first ended being my Haskell JS45, currently boxed for my FFL to send back for warranty work.
First HP I ever shot was the CF 380, owned by my boss at the time. First one I bought was the C9 - good gun, but actually for my better half. Now I have a JHP which I really like but wouldn't consider a good carry gun. If the foolishness ever ends, I'll be looking for a .45 carbine

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
36,070 Posts
Pretty sure there’s already a thread about this. But this is here, so...
JCP, used, $120. Had no idea what Hi Point was, the counter guy said they’re big and heavy, but they work. Figured if I hated it, my 6’3” SIL could use it. Made the .40 feel like a 9 mm. Still have it, plus a pile of others.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
CF380 Comp, mainly because I liked the look with the compensator, but the price didn't hurt my feelings either. Eventually picked up a 995, C9, and then another 995 for a HTA bullpup stock.

·
Saved by Grace through Faith
64 Posts
I had seen the advertisements in the gun magazines. Finally I saw the original 995 in black in a mom and pop gun store. I was wanting a 9mm carbine, but did not want a poorly manufactured firearm that would blow up in my face and hands. This was nearing the post "Marlin Camp Carbine" period when PCC's had pretty much gone out of vogue and offerings were slim.

Asked a knowledgeable and practical buddy who ran another (big box) gun store about them. Though he did not/could not carry them he had heard nothing bad about them. I said that I was not sure I trusted a new production center fire rifle that could be purchased for less than $200...this was back around 1995 when they first came out. He said he would not hesitate and had thought seriously about picking one up (which he did shortly after I purchased mine).

Remember this was before the time when you could conduct research on the internet to any real extent and the gun magazines all turned up their noses and did not talk about them though they were certainly willing to sell them advertising space.

So upon receiving his validation I decided to give it a try. Wow...it was like a Volkswagen Beetle...no frills but got the job done. I was so impressed by ingenuity and practical and efficient approach including the willingness to utilize off the shelf components. Just one trip to the range and I was hooked!

I have other PCC's...but I still adore and routinely shoot my Hi-Points! :love:

I have the original 995 and 4095. I have the pistols in 9, 40, and 45. I have the 995TS and 4595TS and will be picking up a 4095TS that I ordered tomorrow. I don't personally have a lot of interest in the .380 and 10mm offerings as I am a plinker and not a reloader so the additional cost of those two calibers dissuades me given the nature of my use.

They continue to amaze me with their "AK 47 like" simplicity and practicality and of course they are not picky eaters and are so accurate and reliable.

I just shake my head at the snobs who bad mouth them. I am sure they have never objectively tried one if they have tried one at all. They want to compare them to rifles that cost 3, 4, or 5 times (or more) as much and then complain about the use of polymer, or Zamak, or sheet steel, and a "bolt" as a charging handle, etc.

How sad that their fragile egos won't allow them to enjoy a Hi-Point firearm and to admire it for "how much it does for such an economical price". Oh well...their loss... :cool:

Reactions: Kenk and Rerun

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
Pretty sure there’s already a thread about this. But this is here, so...
JCP, used, $120. Had no idea what Hi Point was, the counter guy said they’re big and heavy, but they work. Figured if I hated it, my 6’3” SIL could use it. Made the .40 feel like a 9 mm. Still have it, plus a pile of others.
I looked for one of the dozen plus predecessors to roll it in to as a duplicate thread, but after 3 pages decided that we'll just have another one of these... 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
8,667 Posts
A C9 I bought used from a pawn shop for $140 in 2011.
6,000 easy rounds later I gifted it to a friend who shot it tor his concealed license.
I bought a JHP to replace it with - it shoots straighter than I do.

eldar

1 - 9 of 9 Posts