Your iPhone will make cops shoot you to death!!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lklawson, Jul 1, 2015.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

So I turned on the boob-tube (which actually does feature boobs if you count the eye candy ["iCandi" maybe?] female anchors) this morning. The anchor-babe was all atwitter over a shocking new product; a iPhone case designed to [gasp!] look like A GUN!!! Worse yet, the manufacturer sells it with an app which allows it to play Russian Roulette, which she described, and I quote, as "disgusting."

She cautioned in breathless hysteria that New York police are strongly advising you don't buy this product because they might see it, think it's a real gun, and shoot you!

OK, I get that if you point something that looks like a gun at a cop you should expect to be shot. Fair enough. But should you expect to get shot because a cop merely sees something which looks like a gun? <sheesh>

Here's a related story from a FOX affiliate and a pic.

http://fox11online.com/news/nation-...urage-purchase-of-gun-shaped-cell-phone-cases

[​IMG]

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    If you walk around in a nanny state like that you will be stopped, detained and very possibly drawn upon. Reach for it and your a dead man. And it will be justified. Stupid product for stupid people. Hope it thins the herd a bit before it gets discontinued.

And news casters should report the news and keep their opinions to themselves.

3. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I bought 100 of them as gifts for my friends here on HPFF. Post your address and I'll send yours out. I got a pink one for me, just because I'm secure in my manhood. :rofl:

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

4. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    It must just be a slow news day. That is the only reason that this made the news, most likely. I have to say, by the way, that the term "disgusting" is horribly over used to describe things in the news. It carries as much legitimacy as the terms "offended" and "racist".

5. lsi1

lsi1 Member

can i get mine in a zombie green?

personally i think its a stupid idea but thats just my opinion and i'm just a guy in front of a keyboard.

6. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I dunno. Maybe it will help desensitize the sheeple to "seeing guns." Might cause fewer liberals to pee their pants which, I admit, would be an economic blow to the Dry Cleaning industry. ;)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

7. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I have an android phone so I am safe from the NYPD.

8. lsi1

lsi1 Member

i am revisiting my thoughts i think things like this are like chlorine tablets for the gene pool.

9. Don't worry NY will outlaw them...

10. talon

talon the banned wagon

Everyone knows most cops are lousy shots anyway. You'll still have time to finish your call before they get a hit.

11. What about the bystanders though?

12. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

well they asked for it hanging out with a dangerous Iphone carrier

13. rickm

rickm Member

well you can keep mine i dont think my Razor phone will work in it.

14. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

PM sent!

Thanks, Kirk!

eldar

15. Blondie70

Blondie70 NRA Life Member Member

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......funny. Bet that makes any cops feel really bad. That one who had the horse and shot the bad guy with his 40 from waaay out there was pretty good...be my luck it wud be him who draws down on me....haw.

16. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I can just see it. Drop the 9mm iPhone now! Bang Bang should of got an Android b!tch.

17. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I can think of only one reply "Stupid is as stupid does"

18. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Won't fit my Droid Maxx...

19. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

<southern drawl>"My Momma always said, 'life is like a box of iPhone Cases. You never know what you'll get shot over.'"</southern drawl>

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

20. Not2ManyGuns

Not2ManyGuns Member

I understand that with this type of iPhone, NYC is planning to limit the allowable number of contacts stored in memory to 7.