Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's making sure I have everything I need to carry on, take care of mum and his estate.

He's had heart issues for some time now, 2012 was his first heart attack and he was back in about 13 months ago for his pacemaker. He's having related issues like fluid retention, it's so much that his legs were 'leaking' this lymphatic fluid or w/e it is. But anyway, 2nd day in the hospital and he has asked for DNR and I'm sure most of you know that means "Do Not Resuscitate" but he told me just less than an hour before that "if they revive me, I don't want to be a vegetable" so I am glad he updated me on this.

All that aside, I think he might pull thru. But he has an occasional tachycardia or arrhythmia (I'm just using terms I don't really understand fully, no one professional has said these yet) every few minutes his heart rate will spike up to 75-80, we saw that the night he checked in. The nurses did not seem too concerned at the time.

Should know more soon, he has a Dr. in with him now I believe

·
Premium Member
35,989 Posts
Both coming along your way.
But like I told my SIL...sometimes the plan isn’t what you want it to be.
Stay hopeful, but be ready.

·
Administrator
24,793 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this and hope everything turns out for the best. Please give my regards to mom. I know this isn't easy for her either.

·
Premium Member
4,850 Posts
Same here, Mole. Thoughts and prayer for all of you

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
2,892 Posts
Here's hoping he can make a good recovery. My wife (type I diabetic 1961-2014) had that leaking fluid on her legs for about a year before she passed. She also had heart issues, most likely brought on by the diabetes.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts
Thoughts and Prayers offered Mole. He'll pull through fine!!!

·
Premium Member
8,203 Posts
Prayers that he pulls through!

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Prayers sent. My Mom went through the leg leakage for a few years from congestive heart failure before she passed. It hurts watching our loved ones suffer.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to ALL, I have an update:

Dad is stable for now, told me to stay home (they are not allowing visitors anyway :p ) and we text and call. Supposed to see a doctor soon, he'll let me know what they say.

Thanks for everything, I will be around

·
Premium Member
9,408 Posts
Prayers

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
26,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
UPDATE:
The "on duty" cardiologist has apparently spoken with Dad's doctor, and said that "they will get together next week" and the plan is to do a new pacemaker/defibrillator at that time. That was the recommended course of action last time he saw the Dr. (I was there too) so it is comforting that they are gonna fast track it. Dad agreed to it, saying "If I'm still here" meaning if he survives LOL!! I think he will, provided he stays in the hospital until then. I think they plan on keeping him, and I'm not gonna "bust him out" no matter WHAT he Says!

Sounds Good to me :bounce:

whew...

·
What the Hell was that?
691 Posts
Thanks to ALL, I have an update:

Dad is stable for now, told me to stay home (they are not allowing visitors anyway :p ) and we text and call. Supposed to see a doctor soon, he'll let me know what they say.

Thanks for everything, I will be around
Damn, hope all goes well and he has a speedy recovery. We're all praying for him.

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
Prayers sent for your Dad and the rest of your family.

·
Death to Dishonor
2,777 Posts
Prayers buddy

1 - 20 of 33 Posts