YouTube Superstar Hickok45’s Account Terminated

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rachgier, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Looks like a temporary suspension, but still...

YouTube Superstar Hickok45’s Account Terminated

Hundreds of thousands of fans of mild-mannered YouTube gun-reviewer hickok45 are shocked today to find a notice from Google that his account has been terminated.

There isn’t yet an update on the entertainer’s Facebook page that explains his view of what happened, and we’re going to withhold speculation on reasons for the account termination.

Until this account termination is explained, it has the potential to have a huge chilling effect on firearms YouTubers, and may drive them towards alternate platforms.

We’ll update this story as more becomes known.

Update: Hickok45 just made a statement on his Facebook page.

Apparently, Google + is more sensitive about firearms related postings and such. I never use Google+ and did not even realize the videos were being posted over there, I guess. I will keep you posted via Facebook here and the Hickok45andson channel. I have communicated with YouTube via email this morning, and hopefully, we’ll be able to get the channel back up soon. I had just posted a new video.

2. Saw that this morning on reddit. Most speculation is maybe with advertisements.
    As he sometimes speaks the ads, where google doesn't get paid for those.

But still we are talking about a specific channel with billions of views. that's big money.

3. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

I say it's because of "creeping Libtardia". "O" cried on TV and the lib world was devastated. Youtube's only answer was to get rid of Hickock45 and promote some useless BGC jibberish. :foilhat:

4. Dohrmc

Dohrmc IIWFWTIWRTW Member

1:05 Eastern time, his YouTube channel pulls up fine.

5. lsi1

lsi1 Member

youtube ain't giving up that ad money when it comes right down to it he generates a lot of ad revenue.

6. Youtube concerns may be legitimate, nobody knows at this time. But Google is anti gun. The problem with Hicock as I can see is he is admittedly sponsored by Bud's Gun Shop, not sure if they actually pay him. He is advertisement for them. He does direct viewers to the auctions of the firearms he reviews on Bud's. We are directed on OCDO that we may talk about handguns all we like, but we cannot market any firearm on the forum. It is a violation of Google rules. I believe Hickok crossed that line, have to wait to see.

It is time for a video upload site that is not tied to google, because one day they will ban all firearms videos. It is not if, but when, why wait.

I did not find Hickok45 up, but he has another channel up Hickok45andson. It has been there for several years, but probably will get viewed much more now. And they probably will do gun reviews until Google spanks that channel.

He is back up, and he posted a video on the RM380 today. I have not watched all of it, but he does still mention Bud's. The question is will he mention the gun is available on Bud's gun auction at the end.

We had been told by Google this violates their rules. So we will have to see if they make an exception for Hickok since he brings in so much money.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U4Cu_SJTBo&list=UUvB3solmhqtgDeLpD-yTtfg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U4Cu_SJTBo&list=UUvB3solmhqtgDeLpD-yTtfg[/ame]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  7. Fast forwarded to the end of the video, his videos I usually do not watch at one sitting. YES he did in fact cut the advertisement for Bud's gun auction. He still advertised at the end, but not for firearms, firearms training instead. We are allowed to do this on OCDO, we can promote firearms training.

Check the difference from this video on New Years day, where he brings up Bud's as a sponsor right off the bat. This may have been the last straw for Google.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E11S0TQP73M&index=2&list=UUvB3solmhqtgDeLpD-yTtfg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E11S0TQP73M&index=2&list=UUvB3solmhqtgDeLpD-yTtfg[/ame]

8. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Good bye Hillbilly!!!

9. slade601

slade601 Member

Other gun channels are also using the site full30 now.

10. My anti virus puts a warning on that site.

11. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

He's back on..... Announced on FB a bit ago

12. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    WTF is OCDO??? :confused: The
    "Obsessive Compulsive Disorder OPEN"??? :D

13. Open Carry Dot Org, we are using a Google format, and have to follow the same rules that Youtubers must follow. It is why we have no classified threads. Try to sell something gun related and the mods will quickly step in.

14. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Thanx, Dubble-Dub ;)

15. Kiln

Kiln Member

Google can suck a fat one. They are a goddamn search engine. Stop pushing an agenda!

16. Rachgier

Well not exactly. Google+ has become some sort of quasi social media hub type thing as of late.

17. That would make m want to start my own business, network it into Google, build it for decades, then either buy a majority share of Google or all of Google outright (like I said, decades), and then whenever someone would start with free speech, I'd have the mods step in. Have a though? NOPE! And when people *****, I would say, "You violated a right before, you were okay with it, I'm just following suit."
    Yes, I would go through all that effort for that tidbit of scorn.

18. Google has become very big, Android is Google from what I understand. Chrome is Google. Chrome is needed to use most PC to TV streaming.

They are not alone, facebook is anti gun, and apply the same rules. It is just a matter of time until a hoplophobe throws a hissy fit. It would be too big a task for them to monitor web pages, they count on user complaints.

19. Rachgier

Hence the preface of 'quasi' and quantifying postface 'hub'.

Search engine, browser, video streaming, social media, handheld device OS, messaging systems, etc.