YT bans James Yager

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by moona11, Dec 6, 2017.

1. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

ND
    Just read that YouTube banned but job James Yager. No word as to why yet. I'm thinking he went on another rant. No loss to the world with him off the net.

Merle likes this.
  2. I am sure he is at Full30.com

3. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I don't know much about him. I've seen a few of his rants, and a couple of his questionable-in-my-mind stunts, then kinda wrote him off. There's a threshold over which I just don't really need to dig deeper to know that I don't need to know more.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

thundercroozer and moona11 like this.
  4. On Black Friday he had a video about buying body armor and why we should buy it now. Then there was another about packing your mags, and bags again. I didn't watch either one.

5. Did some research. He isn't on Full30

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

Oh goody. Another Glock fanboi I have never watched is now even further from my "care about it" zone of interest...:cool:

histed and moona11 like this.
  7. He converted to the S&W 2.0 so you can rejoice! S&W lined his pockets with oodles and goo-bobs of cash.

ajole likes this.
  8. duster066

duster066 Supporting Member

Who? What? Whe...oh never mind.

eldarbeast and moona11 like this.
  9. adam01364

adam01364 Lifetime Supporter

Didn't pay any attention to him in the first place.

lklawson and moona11 like this.
  10. Atheist

11. mej24

mej24 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that while a lot of us didn’t like him or subscribe to his channel, YouTube banned him for having an opinion that they (YouTube) disagreed with.
    YouTube is a privately owned entity and the Second Amendment doesn’t apply here, they have now set a precedent for future bans on guns and gun related channels.

rowiebowie and uavdb like this.
  12. moona11

ND
    This isn't really news. YT bans people all the time. It's owners can ban who ever they want. Trying to fight the man there is like trying to fight him here. Your here because they let you.

lklawson likes this.
  13. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

The precedent had already been set.

Yeager is just the most visible. He's a lighting rod.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

rowiebowie likes this.
  14. mej24

mej24 Well-Known Member

Maybe “precedent” isn’t exactly the best word to use, but it does show YouTube’s willingness to ban even very popular channels.
    Not over breaking any rules, but by simply expressing an opinion they don’t agree with.
    I’m not going to miss Yeager, didn’t watch him to start with. But eventually the channels I do subscribe to will be gone also.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  15. moona11

ND
    No worries here I watch cat videos. Plus if they do ban enough channels TNT will go nuts. He will not be able to get the latest news on alien probes.

16. moona11

ND
    Never mind Mole got him a mirror for xmas

Twisty and adam01364 like this.
  17. adam01364

adam01364 Lifetime Supporter

Nope, I was paying attention to Antonia Okafor instead.

18. Merle

Merle Well-Known Member

did you mean "butt job" or "nut job" ??? :DH:

19. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I'm not sure that we know that. What we know is what Yeager has said. Even he claims that he doesn't know (but that he does know - go figure). He wrote that he was banned for "unknown reasons" and that he's received several "strikes" leading up to the banning. Then he writes that the banning is because YT is trying to "suppress" his message.

And let's be honest, he's said stuff that should have gotten him in trouble (and sometimes did) such as when he claimed that if Obama did a semi-auto ban, then he (Yeager) would "kill people." I would have banned him too.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/20...structor-james-yeager-terminates-his-channel/

That's possible but it doesn't seem like Yeager's experience is the benchmark.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

20. When a video first comes out is when they get their most views. In a way YT delays the heavy traffic until it becomes stale. Another way to reduce revenue. This is on conservative channels too.

YT used to have the upload date displayed when offering up suggestions. Not anymore.