Yugo pap m85

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by slade601, Apr 30, 2014.

1. slade601

slade601 Member

Im pleased so far with this gun. Except for the handguards. Sorry to say im not a big fan of wood. I know theres an option from midwest industries for I believe metal ones with a quad rail. But its a bit pricy and I dont really need all those rails.

Does anyone know of any polymer ones?

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    You are confused.
    Lie down, relax, it will pass.:p

I'm a wood fan. Especially on old milsurp type guns.

3. slade601

slade601 Member

Why cant we all just get along.:p

4. talon

talon the banned wagon

i believe MAKO makes a polymer foreend for the Mpap. thier website (and most every AK website ive tried accessing for you) is blocked on the server im currently on until i get back home.

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Some folks say the M92 hand guards might fit?

6. slade601

slade601 Member

Ive read the m92 ones will fit.

7. slade601

slade601 Member

Ill definitely check that site. Thanks for the suggestion.
    And everyone new thinks youre made of stone.... Just misunderstood... I know.:D

8. talon

talon the banned wagon

shhhhhh!!!!!! i have a reputation to maintain!!

anyways...if you find some that fit, shoot me a PM about what you might want for the stock wood furniture. i'll happily add them to the parts box if you dont want them anymore.

9. slade601

slade601 Member

Couldnt find the mako site. Found some called ronin handguards for 80$ made in a rainbow of colors. If they work well we could probably work something out for the wooden ones.

10. slade601

slade601 Member

Well.. luckily before throwing money at the yugo for everything I planned I was offered a saiga .223. Liked it way too much so I went with it. Been converted to take galil mags and has a g2? Trigger upgrade. Not sure the quality of the ten point scope but it was included as well. While I loved the yugo the short while I had it.... this saiga just feels right.

Attached Files:

11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    What do those set you back these days?

When I got my Saiga in 7.62x39, it cost me $179. My SIL bought an S12 for $250 that day.

By the time I got an S12, it was $379.:p

12. slade601

slade601 Member

Ha. I have no idea. Last saiga 12 I saw was $399 on sale. But as long as it works its a fine trade to me. A nice stocked rifle I can get some range with is just right.:p

13. slade601

slade601 Member

For what its worth though. .. around here people are still crazy about pricing anything ar or ak related. I tried to make a trade the other day on a no thrills basic s&w mp15. Guy wanted $950 worth of trade. Didnt get that they go for $650 new at one of the lgs.