Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why the M70's have that dorky looking huge rear sight? Most of the videos I have seen show them with a small rear sight.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,944 Posts
Does anyone know why the M70's have that dorky looking huge rear sight? Most of the videos I have seen show them with a small rear sight.
Eastern block countries like "robust" engineering!! They are built like tanks and as heavy as one at times... have you seen the scopes they use compared to the more modern and sleeker American/Euro stuff. Then again they do work and take a beating, just look at the AK, not so pretty (well to me they are) but no one can say they aren't great for what they are built to do!!

Not super familiar with the Zastava M70 pistol, just the 16" barrel AK M70. They are all really just CZ clones aren't they?

·
Super Moderator
28,307 Posts
It's an adjustable rear sight designed to fit the dovetail already milled for the fixed rear site it replaces. This means no additional machining.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's an adjustable rear sight designed to fit the dovetail already milled for the fixed rear site it replaces. This means no additional machining.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Still looks hideous. LOL! The original sights look so much nicer.
But still thinking about getting one :)

·
Super Moderator
28,307 Posts
Still looks hideous. LOL! The original sights look so much nicer.
But still thinking about getting one :)
I think maybe it sits too high and therefore screws with the muzzle angle.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

Reactions: retread

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently acquired one of these. Steel frame, pretty heavy gun, makes the C9 look like a lightweight. I too have that cheap plastic rear sight. I went to Zastava's website and the rear sight part is out of stock, which bums me out. I haven't taken this thing to the range yet but I figure it's definitely going to shoot high if you use that sight the way you would the stock sights. I'll try to let you know how it goes when I finally get around to shooting this thing.

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
I recently went through this when I made an impulse buy. Luckily I was able to get out of it. The rest on the grip and the adjustable sight are there to add import points.
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/form/factoring-criteria-weapons-atf-form-4590/download

I understand that after the purchase, it is common to fit the sight from a Zastava M57 as they will fit the dovetail, only needing to be filed down.
https://zastavaarmsusa.com/product/pistol-m57-a-parts/

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,735 Posts
I recently went through this when I made an impulse buy. Luckily I was able to get out of it. The rest on the grip and the adjustable sight are there to add import points.
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/form/factoring-criteria-weapons-atf-form-4590/download

I understand that after the purchase, it is common to fit the sight from a Zastava M57 as they will fit the dovetail, only needing to be filed down.
Pistol M57 A – parts – Zastava Arms USA
I swapped a sccy rear metal sight on a keltec P11 which was plastic. Had to file it down to fit. I used a knife stone.

·
Premium Member
6,650 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Ordered Monday, received on Wednesday. Wiped a bit of cosm off. Outside was covered. Inside seems packed with it also.

View attachment 72989
I just ordered one. Thanks for the tip.
I had been thinking about getting one on Gunbroker, but they all had those huge rear sight. I had regretted not getting a Beretta 81 when Classic Firearms had a ton of police surpluses. I wanted another .32 acp .

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
I needed a small pocket piece since now that I'm out & about in southern Dallas, I'm a more exposed target.
And nursing scrubs spell easy target.
Got one ordered.

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
I think I will just stay happy with my Beretta Cheetah and micro 1911’s.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts