Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,770 Posts
I read that these grip extensions will work:

Pearce Grip PG380 Beretta 3032/Kel-Tec P3AT/Bersa 380 ACP Grip Extension Black

For $10 or so might have to try them. I may even have some, on my Bersas.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
@Greg B. Finally got it cleaned up. Store out of Mineral Spirits. Then I remembered using straight Simple Green
a few years ago for the same. Works great! Pistol dated 0378. Not a scratch or mark on any of the interior parts or rails.
It does appear to be a new gun. I an extremely pleased with this one. :love:
20210426_160614.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
I recently acquired one of these. Steel frame, pretty heavy gun, makes the C9 look like a lightweight. I too have that cheap plastic rear sight. I went to Zastava's website and the rear sight part is out of stock, which bums me out. I haven't taken this thing to the range yet but I figure it's definitely going to shoot high if you use that sight the way you would the stock sights. I'll try to let you know how it goes when I finally get around to shooting this thing.
If you want a new mag and an in spec rear sight, check here.

·
Super Moderator
28,370 Posts
If you want a new mag and an in spec rear sight, check here.
That seems like a really reasonable price for a mag. If it were me, I'd jump on it and buy 3 or 4 mags. I suspect that in a few years, the mags will all dry up and there will be none to be had for under $50.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: OldOutlaw

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
That seems like a really reasonable price for a mag. If it were me, I'd jump on it and buy 3 or 4 mags. I suspect that in a few years, the mags will all dry up and there will be none to be had for under $50.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
I just ordered 2 of that set. Best price I can find. Fact is, these mags are sold out every where. I suspect the mags here are by Triple K. Not certain. I'll sure take them. Will give me 4 mags.

·
Premium Member
2,770 Posts
I'll wait until mine comes in before I buy any parts for it.

I did however bite the bullet (HAHA!) and order 300rnds of 32ACP this morning, with shipping and taxes came to $1.46/rnd 😵😬 and that was the cheap place!!! Went to the LGS today to shoot some 22LR and afterwards went to the ammo floor, very sad. Other than a few boxes of 10ga and 12ga shotty shells pickins were slim to none.

300rnds isn't enough to break the new M70 in.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
I'll wait until mine comes in before I buy any parts for it.

I did however bite the bullet (HAHA!) and order 300rnds of 32ACP this morning, with shipping and taxes came to $1.46/rnd 😵😬 and that was the cheap place!!! Went to the LGS today to shoot some 22LR and afterwards went to the ammo floor, very sad. Other than a few boxes of 10ga and 12ga shotty shells pickins were slim to none.

300rnds isn't enough to break the new M70 in.
I ordered 250 rounds of PPU for just a fraction under $1.00 per round.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Doesn't Zastava still make this gun? I wouldn't think that magazines would be hard to get.
They still do in Europe, but those are not imported to the US. Just try searching for any mags. Pretty lost cause.
I'm just being very cautious by getting 2 of the above. I talked to rguns today. No magazines and not aware of any left to buy.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
I do think that the rear site alone is worth that money. There are untold numbers of guns out there and more being sold with that high plastic rear sight or no rear sight. These rear sights are gonna be worth a bit from more than a few gun owners.
Gunmag Warehouse has the magazine listed at $19.99, but out of stock.
I saw that a few weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Seen one with no rear sight and only 1 mag for $200, and in used condition.
Yes, that is fairly common. Especially if it was bought from J&G. They say on their site, adjustable sight or no sight.
Many thousands of these have been sold for $199 give or take a bit. People don't know about rguns because they do little advertising and don't send a bunch of emails to you. rguns is a licensed importer who keeps the best of shipment. Plus, you get how ever mags the gun was issued with. Others sell with one mag. They keep the second and sell it for as much as they can get. I would like one of those Chinese Toks there. But, don't want another caliber. Getting too old for that. Been down sizing my Military rifles and pistols lately. Gonna sell a few more yet. Hate to do it, but no one to leave to that would want them.

·
Premium Member
2,770 Posts
People don't know about rguns
I was watching one of Sootch's videos the other day on the M70, he said he got his from Aim Surplus, but it had RGuns Importers stamped on the frame, I guess they were the main importer of the gun. I'd never heard of them until now.

·
Premium Member
2,770 Posts
Picked mine up just after lunch today, very fast service from R Guns!!!

In excellent condition as well. They must have used a grease gun to inject all the cosmoline 😬 even the 2 mags are coated. Took me almost 2 hours to clean the gunk off.

Looking at the holster, it looks new-ish, but very "brittle". The flap part of the holster needs to be rebent so it can reach the snap, but the slightest touch causes the outer surface to crack. Not knowing how old the gun or the holster are I don't want to ruin it quite yet. I did however rub a bit of mineral oil on the outer surface and am letting in soak overnight. I used the mineral oil only because that's the first thing that came to mind and I don't feel like going out and buying anything at the moment.

41 - 60 of 104 Posts