Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know somebody here has one. Tell me about it. I have little knowledge of these. Just never have been a fan of the 32 acp. IIRC they sold for around $280. I have been told they are also available in 380, but I have never seen one. If I had I likely would of purchased it.

Anyways, my LGS got a shipment of these in. 9 pistols. I stopped by during lunch and they were being logged in. I handled one but let them put it back. Contemplated the price, $230, including 2 magazines a flap style holster, and a cleaning rod. Decided I wanted one and went back after work. 5 were left. I chose one, paid the $34.50 down payment, and accepted the "buy a gun, get 2 boxes of ammunition" offer. Of course the 2 boxes cost extra.

These M70's are different than I have ever seen. They have a thumb rest on the left grip panel, and what's up with that big honkin' rear sight? What I have seen has flat grip,panels and a regular drift adjustable rear sight.

Here is a picture lifted from the internet.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Revolver

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Premium Member
9,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I think I answered my question about the sight. It is to add points for import.

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
IIRC the thumb rest adds points too.
But it sucks if you're a lefty.

Reactions: lklawson

·
Premium Member
6,866 Posts
I just read this at J&G.
Please note, the M70 rear sight is missing. An extended height rear sight may be included, but if installed, the sight elevation will not be in proper alignment.

·
Premium Member
35,989 Posts
So, J&G is stealing the sights to sell at a large profit on the after market.
Good to know.

·
Premium Member
35,989 Posts
These M70's are different than I have ever seen. They have a thumb rest on the left grip panel, and what's up with that big honkin' rear sight? What I have seen has flat grip,panels and a regular drift adjustable rear sight.
That's the Ultra desirable Target model, obviously.:rotfl:
Sounds like a good price on what is probably a good gun.

·
Premium Member
9,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to know.
From what I read the pistols are not shipped with the regular sights. So I do not think J&G is taking them. The fix for those that seem to want to fix them is a set of Zastava M57 sights, which fit the dovetail. Stock M70 sights seem to be unobtanium.

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
I know somebody here has one. Tell me about it. I have little knowledge of these. Just never have been a fan of the 32 acp. IIRC they sold for around $280. I have been told they are also available in 380, but I have never seen one. If I had I likely would of purchased it.

Anyways, my LGS got a shipment of these in. 9 pistols. I stopped by during lunch and they were being logged in. I handled one but let them put it back. Contemplated the price, $230, including 2 magazines a flap style holster, and a cleaning rod. Decided I wanted one and went back after work. 5 were left. I chose one, paid the $34.50 down payment, and accepted the "buy a gun, get 2 boxes of ammunition" offer. Of course the 2 boxes cost extra.

Here is a picture lifted from the internet.
View attachment 70837
You can find all kinds of things on YouTube about them. They're great little surplus pistols. Used by The Serbs as police guns, mainly. The GIANT adjustable rear site replaces the GIANT fixed site. It was just so they could be imported. They're called Baby Tokarevs. That's basically what they are. The pistols are crude, rude and socially unacceptable but they work and are reliable. The round isn't going to blow someone's head CLEAN off (Ala Dirty Harry). However, the .32 ACP has been putting people in holes since 1903.

·
Premium Member
6,866 Posts
Good to know.
I never said that at all. They were just fore warning customers about the ones they received.
Oh, and by the way. There is one Gun Store/Importer that is offering ones WITH all original fixed sights, 2 magazines, holster, and brush. Rated Very Good to Excellent.
This company has for years been known for true grading. $225.00

·
Registered
945 Posts
I had seen these on Gunbroker and had considered one. I was kicking myself for not getting one of the Beretta Cheetah surplus .32's. when Classic Firearms had hundreds of them.

·
Premium Member
35,989 Posts
From what I read the pistols are not shipped with the regular sights. So I do not think J&G is taking them. The fix for those that seem to want to fix them is a set of Zastava M57 sights, which fit the dovetail. Stock M70 sights seem to be unobtanium.
So if they're required for import...how are they NOT on the gun when imported?

I never said that at all. They were just fore warning customers about the ones they received.
Oh, and by the way. There is one Gun Store/Importer that is offering ones WITH all original fixed sights, 2 magazines, holster, and brush. Rated Very Good to Excellent.
This company has for years been known for true grading. $225.00
So they AREN'T required for import?

There seems to be a few contradictory stories involved here.

·
Premium Member
6,866 Posts
So they AREN'T required for import?
Are you just trying to troll? I DID NOT say the above either. What's your problem Old Man? Just use a Search Engine to find out about them rather than spout off before you know what is out there.

·
Premium Member
6,541 Posts
I've got the model 50 and the model 70. Both work fine, are snappy and kind of small for my hand, but shoot well. I found that they tend to like the steel case Russian ammo much better the the brass case stuff.

·
Premium Member
35,989 Posts
Are you just trying to troll? I DID NOT say the above either. What's your problem Old Man? Just use a Search Engine to find out about them rather than spout off before you know what is out there.
No YOU didn't. Greg did. Chillax, bro. I'm just trying to figure out what's going on.
YOU'RE the freaking expert, how about clearing up the question?

·
Premium Member
6,866 Posts
Apparently not required to import. Here are the pistols with the original fixed sight and accessories. I do not think those sights had any thing to do with import rules. Haven't known sights to be a problem before. But, dunno.

https://rguns.net/shop/zastava-m70-pistol-7-65-32acp-with-extra-magazine-holster-and-brush/

rguns is also an importer. When they import a shipment of com block guns, they always seem to have the best of the lot. Like all the true original Mosin sniper rifles they had with original scopes and mounts. IF rguns is the importer, rest assured they sorted and kept the cream of the crop for themselves and sold the rest off.

If I were to buy an M70, I would buy a good one from them.

·
Premium Member
9,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
how are they NOT on the gun when imported?
they ARE on the pistol when imported. Same as the target grips. And they are there to enhance the "sporting purposes". A quick look at form 4590 shows the sights add 10 points, and the grips add another 5 points.

I have no idea how or why some have the standard sight and some have the adjustable sight. Seems the M70 has trouble making the required points. Although if they didn't make the points they would not be here at all. But the point system is hard on single action blowback pistols of 380 acp or smaller.

Anyways I was becoming less and less enthralled with my layaway. That problem was fixed tonight though. A gent was in the store to look at the M70. His friend had bought one and he came to get one, but they were sold out. I told them to sell him mine. The m70 I was going to get morphed into a Bond Arms Roughneck.

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
they ARE on the pistol when imported. Same as the target grips. And they are there to enhance the "sporting purposes". A quick look at form 4590 shows the sights add 10 points, and the grips add another 5 points.

I have no idea how or why some have the standard sight and some have the adjustable sight. Seems the M70 has trouble making the required points. Although if they didn't make the points they would not be here at all. But the point system is hard on single action blowback pistols of 380 acp or smaller.

Anyways I was becoming less and less enthralled with my layaway. That problem was fixed tonight though. A gent was in the store to look at the M70. His friend had bought one and he came to get one, but they were sold out. I told them to sell him mine. The m70 I was going to get morphed into a Bond Arms Roughneck.
I said it before and I'll say it again..............when it comes to guns you is one fickle bitc..............!:p Gonna order one from the place OO said?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a few. You want the original Military sights. the new ones shoot six inches high at 15 yards and are ugly as a wart on a hippos testicles. I built some BEAUTIFUL alternative ivory stocks and so I have one for sale that is gorgeous. It is on G-nBro---.com Any way.. I have lightened trigger pull and it feels good in the hand. 32 Cal is perfect esp Fiocchi 73 grain. Perfect penetration. I also "v" my rear sights so they pick up quicker, throat the chamber, polish the ramp and a few internals.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

·
Premium Member
9,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I said it before and I'll say it again..............when it comes to guns you is one fickle bitc..............!:p Gonna order one from the place OO said?
Nah....I am really not interested. The more I think about the Zastava M70, the more I do not like it.

The best thing I have done in a while is to finagle myself out of the purchase of the Zastava and replace it with the Bond Arms.

Reactions: OldOutlaw
1 - 20 of 45 Posts