Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
24,334 Posts
The logic that says a holster-safety is designed to be operated by the holster, which is what I thought was being suggested.
You're not that slow. Must be those glasses of yours have a 0 power setting. :rotfl:

Reactions: lklawson

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

·
Administrator
24,334 Posts
Hey @Rachgier ....you no speakie ingles?
My thumb bone between the bendy knuckle and the bottom knuckle.

Trigger finger lack of engrish refers to the middle pad of my index finger versus my finger tip pad.

Reactions: greg_r

·
Super Moderator
28,307 Posts
You're not that slow. Must be those glasses of yours have a 0 power setting. :rotfl:
I admit that I was kinda guessing. I had not heard of a "Holster Safety" before.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
8,451 Posts
I guess that's fair. But then it's not a thumb-safety, it's a holster-safety. And I bet we can think of better ways to design a holster safety. Maybe just have the holster cover the trigger or something? ;)

If it is indeed a holster-safety, then it was designed to try to be both a holster-safety and a thumb-safety. Instead of doing one well, it does both mediocre at best.

To be fair, I've come to really appreciate grip-safeties. I particularly like the ones which hinge at the base. I think they fill the roll of a "passive" safety (as in "just do what you do naturally") but better than Glock's trigger-dingus.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Holster flaps.

eldar

41 - 45 of 45 Posts